Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Sting


    The kid is starting to move.  He’s not crawling yet…that I’ve witnessed.  If I’m watching him he doesn’t make much progress.  He just rolls on his side and gurgles innocently.  But, if you turn your back and turn around again he’s three feet from where you put him down.  It’s like he has a teeny teleporter.

    I suspect he’s better at this crawling thing than he’s letting on.   He’s met all his other developmental milestones suddenly.  I would have put money on his inability to roll over a few months ago.  The next day he rolled like he was stuck in a hay bailer.   I think he’s secretly practicing these skills when I’m not around.  It’s like I’m beating someone at pool who waits for the big money to come out and then blows away the table.  He’s like a pint-sized con artist. 
I’m on to him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment