Friday, May 6, 2011

Kim Jong Illin'


When you’re out with a little one the reaction from strangers is pretty standard.  First, they smile at the baby in either an excited or wistful way.  They then raise their gaze to mom and comment on the sweetness your child has injected into their otherwise shit day.

That’s what I’m used to.

That ain’t how it rolls at the airport.  You really want to intimidate people, have them fear you?  Travel with a baby.  People try to smile but their eyebrows rise just a little too high.  Are you and this potentially screaming torrent of snot going to be on their plane?  When you pass the line to pre-board (bonus!), people have more difficulty disguising their horror.   

I took it all in stride.  I wasn’t concerned about the nuggets reaction to the flight.  He’s pretty happy go lucky and I figured he would be fine.  People’s reactions were so different from what I’m used to though.  The kid was a chubby little pariah.  I guess I should have worried more.  Maybe I should have been upset.

I enjoyed it though.  I enjoyed the power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment