Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mine's cuter

     The husband is working like crazy right now.  When he gets home for a few hours he still has to be attentive to his electronic parasite, the blackberry.  Last night I saw him wake from a deep sleep and answer the thing as enthusiastically as a teenage girl would with ‘Justin’ on the phone id. It can buzz at any time and generally seems to do so when you really hope that it doesn’t.  

     Caring for a baby draws similar parallels.  When you want them to sleep…like, really want them to sleep, it’s not likely to happen.  A baby abides by the laws of only one sheriff, and that sheriff’s name is Murphy.

     How do they know?  How can they consistently howl at the worst possible time?  I think I have it figured out.  After completing a rigorous nine month unscientific study, I’m pretty sure that babies have sonar.  I suspect that their sonar capabilities are enhanced by certain conditions. I’ve determined that covering the mother with a blanket (prior to a nap), is second only to making the mother wet and naked in creating the optimal test environment.   Imma gonna try and get a grant or something.

      Anyway, due to my husband’s current work situation we are both on call 24/7.  I’m looking forward to having him around more, not only to help out but because I miss him.  You can’t really compare my work to his, it’s just different.  I will say this, as crazed as my husband is, there is no chance that his blackberry will poop on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment