Friday, March 25, 2011

Spielberg Movie

Last night, a few hours after the nugget had gone to bed, I heard the distinct drone of his crib side mobile thing, Ocean Wonders.  Everything you assume about what soothes a baby is wrong.  This thing is LOUD and it’s BRIGHT.  We don’t have a baby monitor and it wakes us up most mornings before my husband’s alarm clock.  He’ll chill out with it on for a half an hour some mornings.  It’s like a baby snooze button.  

Anyway, I was concerned that he had woken up but didn’t want to go in his room as he might take that as an invitation to party.  I loitered outside his door until the thing turned off and decided it was a fluke and crawled into bed.  After five minutes we heard the sound of crashing waves and the swell of music started up again.  

At this point I didn’t care if he was up, I needed to go and check it out.  The husband and I snuck in his room.  Turns out, the nugget was turning on this contraption, which I can hear from another floor in the house, with his head.  He was completely passed out, never heard a thing, never blinked due to the bright blue glow and hadn’t noticed that he was sleeping with his head crunched up against a hard jutting button.

Despite his persistence in sleeping through this, we were reluctant to move him.  The husband reached behind the contraption and turned it off claiming that he would turn it back on before he went to sleep.  The likelihood of this happening is about the same as our electing a majority government this spring.  The man can fall asleep in the middle of telling a story…not listening to me tell a story, well, that too, but in the middle of HIS telling a story.  Before we could commence with an argument about this plan the cracked out harpsichord music drifted into our room again.
 
That wasn’t creepy at all.

Anyway, he slept through the rest of the night.  I hope that I don’t wake up with some pissed off teddy levitating above the bed tonight.  I’ll let cha know.

No comments:

Post a Comment